Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

This is LATE AUTUMN ????

One day after the other: between 10 and 15 degrees, bright sun shine.
I walk around outdoors without a sweater or jacket. Just a long sleeved shirt.
This is ridiculous. It's supposed to be cold and damp and cold again.
I'm supposed to complain about the low temperatures instead of walking around as if it were the middle of May.

The mayor of our town, Bleiburg, invited all the 'Seniors' to a lunch in the Community Center.
There was pork and gravy and dumplings, with a green salad.
I know that one does not look a gift horse in the mouth...
The mayor is a very nice and competent man. Bleiburg could not have a better man in this position.
He is fluently bi-lingual ( German and Slovenian). When he talks, he talks too fast. I speak not a word of Slovenian, but I don't understand his German either when he speaks publicly. When I speak to him on a one to one basis, I have no trouble understanding him....
Well, as I said, one does not look a gifthorse in the mouth: But I have never eaten a worse piece of meat.
The dumpling was watery and tasted like a ...a...a... well, like a watery dumpling.
We went there to show him our respect. It was, however, a big price to pay.

I entered 4 pictures into a competition put on by the "Scientific Organisation of Carinthia."
The Vernissage is this coming Thursday, 29th November.... I got an e-mail inviting me to attend, because it said, I am a prize winner....  It's just a question which prize I won. First or fourtyest ?
Fourty of all the entries have been chosen to be shown in the Museum for Art. I'll keep you posted...

On Friday, the 30th November there is a "Christmas Market" put on in an Estate about an hour's car ride from here. I've been invited to exhibit 11 of my pictures there. They are about  50 x 100 cm in size and are, in fact, 'printed on canvass'...    I shall post some pictures of this market...

Tonight, we are driving to Klagenfurt to listen to some Choirs...  I would like it if they sang Carinthian Folksongs... but they always want to be modern...   and they sing "Old Man River" and things like that..
It just does't fit........

Oh well, what else do you want to know ? You mean that this is more than enough ???

Then let me say: Talk to you later

Bertstravels.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

Wow dad - way cool!

Bert said...

what is "way cool" ?
That I ate a pie e of terrible meat at the mayor's levee ?
...or maybe that I won a price in a photo exhibition?
...or that I have been invited to exhibit 11 of my photographs, printed on canvas 50X100
or... that I'm still alive and kicking???
Please be more precise in future remarks.
thanks
Bertstravels