Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Disandat" Look at them in LARGE FORMAT


A cottage on Ferry Lake, near Huntsville, Ont.
I was intrigued by several things:
the lamp throwing its shadow,
the parallel lines of the clapboard construction,
the obvious many layers of paint put on without
scraping off the previous layer
and last, but not least, the flake of peeling paint
exposing the pristine wood below.

A vegetable field in the "Holland Marsh"
just a little North of Toronto.
I loved the straight parallel lines of planted lettuce
leading the eye almost to infinity.
I say 'almost' since I deliberately included the barn
and the horizon at the very top.

Jackson's Point, at the south shore of Lake Simcoe.
A lawn right on the shore line.
A stiff breeze blowing spray, enclosing
each blade of grass in a frozen cocoon.

I don't remember for certain, but I believe
this is on the shore of the Mondsee in Austria.
The story tells of a year, a long long time ago, during which
the lake's water level rose so high that it covered the rock
and therefore also flooded the nearby town.
The citizens planted the cross and...
lo and behold...
there was never another such devastating flood.
If they plant another such cross, there will never again
be such bell-bottom pants as I was wearing then.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: