Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is Spring really just around the corner?

...or is Mother Nature just kidding us a little? The Sun is shining from a blue sky, the temperatures are around the +10 mark and the snow is melting from the roofs. Yes, the skiers are complaining but on high (atop the Petzen)
it's still pretty cold and there is loads of snow.
I, for one, am happy that there are the first signs of Spring in the air. I am not a skier, have never, not even in my youth in Austria, been a particularly good skier. In fact I never truly cared for it and therefore have never become any good at it. So, at my now not so young age, I would not grieve if Winter packed it in and went to "you know where".....
Come this May I expect to be in Canada, roaming around the Downtown area of Toronto and doing a little hiking in Algonquin Park. You cannot imagine how much I look forward to this time. 2nd May to 2nd June...
It won't be long enough. Quite frankly if it were not for Christin, I would be back in Canada in a flash.
There are several reasons for this and some other time, if you care, I will tell them all to you.
Greetings to all you lucky people...
Bertstravels.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I don't know - I've heard stories and it sounds to me like you got the sweet life going on there.

Bert said...

You are right ! I do have "the sweet life" going on here. I am being spoiled beyond all reason.
However, although I was born here and grew to the ripe old age of 23, Austria is no longer my real home.
I remember Austria, but I dream of Canada.
Bertstravels.