Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A short Visit to Braunau am Inn

Yesterday, 16th April, Christin and I drove to Braunau in order to visit my two sisters,
Inge (88) and Irmgard, (84)
Irmgard now lives in a "Senioren Home" in Braunau, where we visited her. In spite of having had a series of strokes, which robbed her of speech and mobility, she still solves crossword - and other puzzles. Although her son Hermann and his wife, Veronika, tell me that she now and then cheats by looking at the answers. (well, I say, at age 84 you're allowed to cheat.)
Also present during this visit were her younger son Hermann, his wife Veronika, their daughter Barbara and their son Thomas' 1 year old baby. Marie-Christin is an absolutely lovely baby. She just never stops smiling and, having just mastered the art of walking, she wants to be on the go all the time. (Unfortunately Thomas could not be with us, since he was at work.)
We also visited Inge. There we had a little party. There were 8 of us...Hilde Engel and her good looking and smart son Jan. Charly and Margret Reicheneder, who provided absolutely wonderful vittels. (Charly, in case you don't know, is my oldest and best friend from "the olden days". He blows a Tenor Sax and a clarinett, and makes the sweetest sounds this side of the Philharmonics.
Inge, of course, and her helper, Susanne. Then there were Christin and I, rounding out the party.
I specially went back out to my car to get my camera. Of course I wanted to keep a record of this party. I brought the camera inside and laid it on top of a cabinett. The next time I thought about it was after everybody had left. So I could just take a few shots of Inge. One of them appears down below. Oh well, I suppose I too am getting a little older. In a few days I'll be 78. Compared to my sisters I am, of course, "their young brother"
The drive from Bleiburg to Braunau (350km one way) took us 4 hours and another 4 hours back...but, it was worth every minute.
Greetings to you all.
Bert

No comments: