Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Giselbert HOKE


I was extremely fortunate to meet one of Austria's
foremost artists, to be invited to his home and studio
and to be permitted to photograph almost 100 of his paintings.
I will show here but 3 of his works. All of them are now
being worked into a PSG slide show with musical accompaninent
and if I obtain the artist's permission I will post them on my web-site
on photodex.


At one point in our four hour discussions he denied being an abstractionist.
and he said this:
"An artist working in the Abstract, must take an object and depict it in the Abstract.
For me, the Picture is the Object."
I am not easily enthused about "modern art". I must admit, however,
that the work of Giselbert Hoke impressed me profoundly.

I look forward to completing my PSG show, consisting in total of 104 images.
I hope I will obtain the artists permission to post it on my Photodex website.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lianne said...

Blue Point...that's all I have to say. However, nice to see you have joined us on the dark side.

Bert said...

I still believe that "Blue Point" was my artistic masterpiece.
Please read an earlier entry about another of Austrias Painters, Arnulf Rainer, whom I consider to be a Sharlatan.

Akshay Ameria said...

Thanks for sharing the artworks of the genius.
Akshay Ameria