Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WASPS


When you have nothing better to photograph,
take your macro-lens and shoot some wasps.
Believe me, there are plenty of those critters around.
It is difficult to eat outdoors. They come in numbers
and take over your ham and cheeze as if they had paid for it.


...as you can see, there is considerable difficulty
with the 'depth of field'.
If you shoot with a narrow aperture to increase your d.o.f.
the shutterspeed is too slow and the wings are just a blur.
If, however, you want to shoot fast enough to freeze the wing movement,
your d.o.f. suffers....
So, whoever said that photography is not the art of compromise?


...as always, these images are more interesting in detail
when viewed in the large format.


watch out....don't get stung in your lip....Christin did...
and it is no fun.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Theo said...

Egbert, your reports were better. Next time, I want to read something about the increase of the cockhafer, in German "Maikäfer".

There are many other beautiful things in Kärnten, you can write abaut. Wasps and painted walls are in Canada, too.
This is a joke!
"Lei lasn!" For Your Canadian friends:
"Let it go!"
Theo

Theo said...

about
Let's go
Theo

Theo said...

Excuse me!
about
Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!
Written by Theo

Christiane said...

good photos
I managed to kill a wesp by drowning her while she was sitting on my dinner,(she was still alive !!!) when i put her into the hot water to whash my plate-
we want to see blood and action.
Call me brutal to animals i don`t mind.
I don`t want to have dinner with them and share my good Schweinsbraten

Christiane said...

if someone wants totake a Photo of a Maikäfer i can help.
Every evening the land on the floor of ma livingroom and one of my cat kills them

Wolkensamt said...

Wonderful pictures Egbert!

lovely greets to you and Christin,
barbara